First of all thanks for the excellent reading list, classics indeed. As requested, here are just a few of my many favourites:
The Worst Mistake in History by Jared Diamond pretty much spells out how we got ourselves into this unholy mess. Time to open your eyes.
To Have is To Owe By David Graeber. This should be the first thing they teach in school, if you’ve ever wondered what money really is, the answers are all here.
Phoning It In by Stanley Bing. The closest thing I’ve read to a full rounded philosophy of modern living. Looking for a credo? Look no further.
Liking Is for Cowards by Jonathan Franzen. A passionate argument against the dangers of half-hearted button clicking.
This is Emo by Chuck Klosterman. How John Cusak (if you’re under 30 read Johnny Depp) ruined all our our lives.
For those of you who don’t already know, The Electric Typewriter is a collection of outstanding magazine journalism - to get an idea of what we’re all about click here, and if you have any recommendations we’d love to hear from you!
- desertaurora reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- notacupofcoffee likes this
- sergeygorshkov likes this
- frigotehnist likes this
- the-topten reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- thegreyking likes this
- sancho108 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- danlu reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- noratherese likes this
- mnot likes this
- kimsex2012year likes this
- pinkapantherella likes this
- untitled-mag likes this
- vaguethoughtswithanu likes this
- irreliverance likes this
- bradleywarshauer likes this
- heyfortuna likes this
- cambiemosdepuerta likes this
- pinchefuck likes this
- poodletree likes this
- dre likes this
- lovelynamelesslittlehill likes this
- ciszanocna likes this
- roymarkcorrales reblogged this from mlq3
- coookiemoooonster reblogged this from mlq3
- mlq3 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- tetw submitted this to futurejournalismproject