WaPo Labs: Innovation, R&D and the Newsroom
With more (usually larger) publishers introducing a labs team into their operations to serve as a startup incubator of technology ideas and products, we recently had the opportunity to speak with Rob Malda about his work at the Washington Post Company.
Malda, Chief Strategist and Editor at Large for WaPo Labs discusses what it is they do, and how the labs environment aids in the overall research and development necessary for publishers to succeed.
The WaPo Labs team has created the Washington Post Social Reader and the mobile app Trove, two personalized news readers, along with a number of other experiments that get tested out across such publications such as the Washington Post, Slate, Foreign Policy, The Root and Express.
You can view other videos with Rob here.
- michaelpkrebs likes this
- maliciastarling likes this
- cavalierzee reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- cavalierzee likes this
- lauraelizdavis reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- joshsternberg likes this
- joewebster reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- futurejournalismproject posted this