It is as if someone sat at a desk and wrote a novel about a research idea.
The Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists in a report on Japanese anesthesiologist Yoshitaka Fujii who fabricated 172 papers over the past 19 years. Science Insider, A New Record for Retractions?
Via Science Insider:
Among other problems, the panel, set up by the Japanese Society of Anesthesiologists, could find no records of patients and no evidence medication was ever administered…
…The panel focused on 212 of 249 known Fujii papers. It tried to review the raw data, laboratory notebooks, and records on the patients or animal subjects involved. Committee members also interviewed relevant people.
Among the 172 papers judged bogus, the report claims that 126 studies of randomized, double-blind, controlled trials “were totally fabricated.” The committee identified only three valid papers. For another 37 papers, the panel could not conclusively determine if there had been fabrication.
- fasadfrontsllc reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- lookpretty likes this
- numeralsover10 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- ukridge reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- sea-change likes this
- jerriann likes this
- chels likes this
- woodlawn-street likes this
- theamericanbear likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this