Leon Wieseltier, literary editor of The New Republic, to the Washington Post on Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes becoming the magazine’s publisher. Washington Post, Chris Hughes, once a new-media pioneer, makes bet on old media with New Republic.
The 28-year-old Hughes acquired TNR in early March. The influential magazine is set to “relaunch” — reboot might be a better word — this fall.
If you read through on the Washington Post article, you’ll find a profile of Hughes that takes you through his North Carolina youth, to prep school in New England, to Harvard where he was roommates with Mark Zuckerberg, to becoming to director of online organizing for the 2008 Obama campaign, to starting Jumo, to advocating for marriage equality with his boyfriend and on, and on.
Not bad for your first quarter century.
- eton-defonceledecor likes this
- pancloset likes this
- naranzarian likes this
- zipporah likes this
- wishinoo reblogged this from journo-geekery
- wishinoo likes this
- pebiemei likes this
- goldman likes this
- journo-geekery reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- weatherall likes this
- cantlose reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- blerchin reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- wavvyseal likes this
- this-extra-life likes this
- hobbitswizardskitties likes this
- everyfiredies likes this
- abcsoupdot likes this
- jerriann likes this
- monoclephoto likes this
- buddhassecret likes this
- seldridge reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- intervistato reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- futurejournalismproject posted this