There are a few things evolving side by side that will influence how visualizations will look a few years from now. First, although visualization has been a research topic for quite some time now, I still see new approaches being developed not only in academia but also by practitioners working in the industry. Second, the constantly improving computing power and the adoption of new technology allow for more complex, engaging, and connected visualizations to spread quickly over the web. Third, the vast amount of data being produced every day demands increasingly sophisticated tools for exploration, evaluation, and communication. To come by the increasing load of data, visualizations will need to scale in terms of performance, density, and interactivity.
FJP: Explore their work here. We’re long time fans.
- notational reblogged this from roomthily
- roomthily reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- chrismmgordon reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- erinberger likes this
- maliciastarling likes this
- mchughla likes this
- severalversionsofjean likes this
- jennydeluxe likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this