Imagine if your whole life you’ve looked through one eye, only seeing through one eye and suddenly, scientists can give you the ability to open up a second eye. So what you would see is not just more data but it’s a whole different way of seeing.
Said photojournalist Rick Smolan today, telling the audience at a Human Face of Big Data event the same thing he told his son when, at 2am, the little boy climbed out of bed, snuck into the kitchen and asked him why he stayed up late everynight on the phone talking about “big data.” Smolan continued:
My son, who again wanted to stay up as late as he could before I sent him back to bed, said: could scientists and computers, like, let us open up a third eye and a fourth and a fifth? And I said yes.
See the group’s phone app, its upcoming book and more here.
- newsfastforward likes this
- pedestalwarfare likes this
- thetylerhayes likes this
- reach1to1 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- reach1to1 likes this
- thesuperrare likes this
- wishinoo reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- wishinoo likes this
- kgcreative likes this
- dubhecatass likes this
- circulation likes this
- jenninsandiego likes this
- jerriann likes this
- makeanx likes this
- justinthomas likes this
- bapeonion likes this
- dangerfieldnewby reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- theream likes this
- sarahspy likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this