He was called a number of fantastic dictionary-ready names by the Jeffersonian Republicans, including “a pusillanimous, half-begotten, self-dubbed patriot,” “an incurable lunatic,” “a deceitful newsmonger … Pedagogue and Quack,” “a traitor to the cause of Federalism, ” “a toad in the service of sans-cullottism,” “a prostitute wretch,” “a great fool, and a barefaced liar,” “a spiteful viper,” and “a maniacal pedant.
Happy Dictionary Day, Noah Webster!
From the Atlantic Wire’s Jen Doll — a fantastic list of interesting facts about the guy whose last name makes up half of the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
- fromxtoz reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- exit200 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- exit200 likes this
- japaneseyankee reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- shiftyobserver reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- bencourts likes this
- libawr likes this
- stillpointmagazine likes this
- polidigitalaffairs likes this
- officialbookface likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this