Skating China’s Ghost City
Ordos, China has been a fascination the last few years. In particular, a nine-year-old district within it called the Kangbashi New Area.
Created to house upwards of a million residents, almost no one lives there. Apartment, office and government buildings stand mostly empty. Convention centers are unused. Global economists fret this indicates a property boom ready to go bust.
But you can, evidently, skate.
Charles Lanceplaine, a French videographer based in Shanghai, recently visited with a group of riders to take advantage of the empty plazas and streets.
Bonus: Like people doing things in unexpected places? Check out four-time Irish women’s surf champ Easkey Britton riding waves in Iran near the Pakistan border.
- pod313 reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- curiusman likes this
- oywei likes this
- waitingforarsenic likes this
- 2starproject likes this
- yuliyakim likes this
- karlfun reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- kaash likes this
- carmypen likes this
- nominatedbestrolledls likes this
- jcarl likes this
- tomejorge reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- tomejorge likes this
- lockestheway reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- karlfun likes this
- gsmciphotography likes this
- monkeybuttocks likes this
- thatisawesome likes this
- joanofamber likes this
- monsaboteur likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this