Don’t believe what you read. Just because it’s printed, posted or tweeted with a supporting link doesn’t make it news. Here’s a few warning labels we’d love to see for the endless flow of chatter, speculation and churnalism often masquerading as information for the public good.
Designer Tom Scott has identified a host of evils afflicting the modern journalist, such as when a writer sloughs off his or her own opinion with the phrase “some people claim.” It’s by no means exhaustive collection, and unlikely to adorn papers in the near future, but these caveats certainly should! At least that’s what certain people claim.
h/t: Very-Merry Happy
- sophisticatedcats likes this
- yanglindayang reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- yepimacrackhead likes this
- yanglindayang likes this
- thefemcritique likes this
- bronwynlewis likes this
- simonsayer likes this
- rosewater-sailor likes this
- billiequizboy reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- futurejournalismproject posted this