Anthony De Rosa on Social Curation
New at TheFJP.org:
In this video, Reuters’ Anthony De Rosa describes the new position of social curation in digital newsrooms. Citing examples like Andy Carvin’s work retweeting and verifying citizen uploaded information across the Arab Spring, De Rosa describes the job of covering social networks as a vital way to keep up with breaking events when you’re sitting halfway across the world.
Breaking news, for the most part, breaks on social media. But it’s not as easy as reading a wire — there have to be people to fact check, double check, and compile the best information from the millions of other uploads that may be misleading, incorrect, or otherwise irrelevant.
- aqbastian likes this
- senzamegafono reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- makeanx likes this
- joevidevo likes this
- zacsantanello likes this
- pigmediacraft reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- thebeerihadforbreakfast likes this
- cvintica likes this
- darkin reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- exit200 likes this
- aversecontrol likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this