Anthony De Rosa on API Virtue
In this video, we take advantage of Anthony De Rosa’s experience at Reuters to examine how larger news organizations struggle and hope to adapt to major shifts in the media industry.
Near the center of it at Reuters is De Rosa as Social Media Editor (and host at ReutersTV), where he helped figure out how API’s can be best used to distribute Reuters content. Here, he explains what APIs are and why they will play a more integral part of the News industry.
By consolidating content from both multiple sources and among differing mediums, APIs let organizations do more than just publish written pieces and slideshows. They allow them to make a more full use of the Internet.
For more of our videos with Anthony and others in the media industry, see TheFJP.org.
- localweeklypaper likes this
- peterwknox likes this
- reporterly reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- bobbycaputo likes this
- georgefant reblogged this from brooklynmutt and added:
- georgefant likes this
- washingtonexaminer likes this
- laserbarrageinquirer likes this
- herblondness likes this
- shortformblog likes this
- brooklynmutt reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- futurejournalismproject posted this