Academics are trapped in this paradox of using Wikipedia but not contributing. While there might be pockets of academics running very advanced projects and lots of academics contributing outside their fields of expertise, not enough are contributing to scholarly articles within their fields.
Dario Taraborelli, research analyst for the Wikimedia Foundation, quoted by Zoe Corbyn in a Guardian article, Wikipedia wants more contributions from academics.
Seems most academics either A) feel Wikipedia is beneath them or B) just have too much on their plate trying to publish in academic journals that advance their careers that they don’t bother.
- thelearningbrain reblogged this from world-shaker
- itblibrary reblogged this from world-shaker
- atompowers likes this
- nemophilablues likes this
- radinglish likes this
- world-shaker reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- heather91 likes this
- pcervieri likes this
- gracehoper reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- mayeya reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- melris likes this
- superiorvintage reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- This was featured in #Education
- futurejournalismproject posted this