I’m trying to recover from the shock. They are sending a message that nothing is untouchable in Bahrain.
Mansour al-Jamri describing his arrest and the government takeover of his newspaper Al Wasat, Bahrain’s only major independent paper.
The government accuses al-Jamri of publishing false stories to incite a Shiite uprising.
Al-Jamri claims that government intelligence hacked his newspaper’s servers in order to plant the stories in question.
Clifford Krauss, New York Times, Editor Silenced, With the Help of Unreliable Sources.
- newseducatei likes this
- konterkariert reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- tosh728 likes this
- emmanuelnegro reblogged this from misantropo
- pantslessprogressive likes this
- thepoliticalnotebook likes this
- oversets likes this
- trxfreely likes this
- misantropo reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- futurejournalismproject posted this