Charles Johnson at Little Green Footballs notes that Sarah Palin fans are trying to edit Wikipedia to reflect her, uh, understanding of Paul Revere’s freedom ride.
Wikipedia editors are reversing suggested edits (see the Paul Revere discussion page and revision history) so those looking to re-imagine the ride have turned to Conservapedia where we now learn that “Part of the purpose of the ride was to warn the British that colonists would exercise their gun rights.”
As Johnson notes:
What “gun rights?” When Paul Revere took his famous ride, there was no US Constitution, and no Second Amendment.
Filed Under: Because if it’s on the internet it has to be true.
- newsswollens likes this
- sasquatchmedia likes this
- sv likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- questionall likes this
- bobbycaputo likes this
- sp-a-m likes this
- savagemike likes this
- aatombomb reblogged this from journo-geekery and added:
- journo-geekery reblogged this from futurejournalismproject
- jonathan-cunningham likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this