Rachel Maddow and Bill Moyers on News Corp., corporate media, power and influence.
This is how societies, particularly democracies, self destruct. We have seen the danger of the collusion between private power – Rupert Murdoch’s empire and the police… We have also seen the danger of collusion between political parties and powerful media conglomerates. I mean both parties in England caved to Murdoch. The politicians were cowed. They would not stand up to him. And that, too, is what happens to democracy when the political class becomes frightened of and in league with these incredibly powerful media conglomerates.
- gritboys likes this
- energeticpoeticathletic likes this
- wreckandsalvage likes this
- tawkwardturtle reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- invalidreply reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- poortaste likes this
- jsurico reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- taylorlorenz likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this