Earlier this year NPR’s On the Media host Brook Gladstone released “The Influencing Machine”, a history of media and journalism illustrated by Josh Nuefeld.
Actually, “illustrated” leaves us descriptively short: it’s a comic book romp that traces modern journalism back some 2,000 years to the shysters of yesteryear.
Here, Gladstone tackles the idea that the media is manipulating us.
Not true, she says, instead, media culture is a hall of mirrors. One where we just don’t really like the reflection that is us.
- lemongrasska likes this
- matthurst reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- irevisum likes this
- jennacarver likes this
- sarahgrace317 likes this
- derrickgoold likes this
- stepwise likes this
- doctorjackolantern likes this
- salgentile reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- salgentile likes this
- muchacha-sucia reblogged this from futurejournalismproject and added:
- muchacha-sucia likes this
- bronwynlewis likes this
- basiamille likes this
- tnabites likes this
- pri-arts likes this
- futurejournalismproject posted this